EarlyON links for you to explore.
As the designated EarlyON Centre of the City of Windsor, Ska:na FLC is excited to continue to grow in service to our neighbourhoods with:
EarlyON Centres are places where parents and caregivers can:
- Take part with their children in a range of programs and activities with their children.
- Get answers to questions.
- Get information about programs and services that are available for young children and their families.
- talk to early years professionals, as well as other parents and caregivers in the community.
Visit the official website where you can find answers to frequently asked questions about EarlyON Centres. It also features a library of information about the first six years of your child's life. If you have a question about your child's development, or want to know how to get information or services for children up to the age of six, please call or visit your EarlyON Centre.
Indigenous EarlyON - Open to all EarlyON families who have a desire to learn, along with their children, a holistic way of life based on the Indigenous cultures of North America. SFLC has evening and weekend hours to accommodate parent schedules and offers interesting and fun projects, programs, guests and events to share the culture and teachings of the many First Nations cultures in and around Essex County. Come join us for an evening - special events are always being planned year-round.
We want the best for Ontario's babies and children. That means making sure they get the best possible start in life. That's the goal of EarlyON - to make sure that children in Ontario are ready to learn by the time they start Grade One. EarlyON focuses on:
- Early learning and child care services.
- Healthy development during a child's first years.
It consists of a range of services to support families with children from their birth through to Grade One. These services include:
Healthy Babies Healthy Children - a program that supports the healthy growth and development of children from before birth up to age six
- Infant hearing program.
- Speech and language therapy for children who need extra help.
- More opportunities for high quality, affordable early learning and child care.
- Services for children who are blind or have low vision.
We are working with our community partners - school boards, public health units, municipalities and child care and children's services providers - to make sure that more children and parents can access a seamless network of early learning and development services and supports right in their own communities.
About EarlyON Programs and Services
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children
- Infant Hearing Program
- Preschool Speech and Language Program
- Finding Quality Child care
- Services for children who are blind or have low vision
Program Information: Ministry of Children and Youth Services
Family Time- Stay & Play
Program includes circle time, healthy snacks, Community Guests Speakers and a variety of fun activities.
This is also a safe space for parents to;
- Strengthen adult-child relationships
- Foster healthy Childhood development
- Connect with other parents
- Find support, get advice and access a network of resources
Program Days & Times Tues, Wed, Thurs 9:30-12:30
Bringing Home Tradition: A parenting Course Through an Indigenous Lens
In Partnership with Can Am Indian Friendship Center AHBHC program; This is An 6 week parenting course designed to support parents to build healthy and secure relationship with their children.
Through videos, presentations and discussions, we will
- Better understand the needs and behavior of our children, as well as how to support their physical and emotional development.
- Find ways to enhance children's confidence in themselves and their ability to handle emotions
- Reflect on our own reactions as parents
A certificate of completion is issued after completion.
Light Refreshments provided.
Contact: Lisa L. 519-253-3243 ext 238 or Connie DaSilva at 226-674-3800 for start date information.
Wellness Workshops and Practical Support Series
Free workshops and series with a focus on wellness and health offered throughout the year include:
→ Food skills for families
→ Family Socials
→ Parent/Child Self-care workshops
→ Arts and craft workshops
→ Talking circles
→ Healthy relationships workshops
Contact us by email if you have any questions: email@example.com