A Lifetime of Learning Starts Here.
Through participation in classes and workshops on child development and through visiting,(parent consultation) with the staff, parents learn about the needs of their children and about educational activities that can be carried out at home. Many parents also serve in the FLC on a volunteer basis, or as aides to teachers, social service personnel, and other staff members, and as cooks, storytellers, and supervisors of play activities.
Ska:na FLC provides a planned program of experiences and activities that support and enhance the parental role as the principle influence in their child's education and development.
Provide a program that recognizes the parent as:
- Responsible guardians of their children's well being.
- Prime educators of their children.
- Contributors to Ska:na Family Learning Centre and their community.
Provide the following kinds of opportunities for parent participation.
- Direct involvement in decision making in program planning and operations
- Participation in classroom and other program activities as volunteers, participants or observers.
- Activities for parents which they have helped develop.
- Working with their own and other children in cooperation with Ska:na Family Learning Centre staff.
Contact us by email if you have any questions: email@example.com